United Online companies: Juno, NetZero and BlueLight Internet
After receiving several reports of issues with the above Internet Service Providers blocking mail, I contacted United Online Companies to request that they review their blocks to see if any ADVAIA servers were listed. I just received a response back from them indicating that the server that your email is hosting on with us had triggered the limits imposed by their spam-filters, and consequently, all mail from this IP had been blocked. In light of the information we've provided to them, the block has been lifted. Please allow 24 hours for the removal to take effect.
Since we cannot determine which account triggered a spam event we wanted to remind you of ADVAIA's and Signature policies regarding unsolicited email broadcasting using ADVAIA servers and ask for you to pass this onto your staff.
Spam is unsolicited email also known as UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email). By sending email to only to those who have requested to receive it, you are following accepted permission-based email guidelines.
ADVAIA has a no tolerance spam policy. ADVAIA's servers actively monitor for large email volumes going to a large number of contacts from our servers. Smaller volumes, typically used from a mail merge program, may avoid those monitors. This type of email broadcast therefore may have resulted in the action taken by Internet Service Providers.
Agency Owners and Managers should look at the types of emails that would likely trigger a Block to our IP address:
- Are you importing a purchased list of ANY kind?
- Are you sending to non-specific addresses such as:
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or other general addresses.
- Are you sending to distribution lists or mailing lists which send indirectly to a variety of email addresses?
- Are you mailing to anyone who has not explicitly agreed to join your mailing list?
- Have you falsified your originating address or transmission path information?
- Does your email's subject line contain false or misleading information?
- Does your email fail to provide a working link to unsubscribe in the event that it is being sent to bulk addresses?
- Are you failing to process any unsubscribe requests through Signature that come to you via a reply to your email within 10 days or the request?
- Your email account has been compromised meaning that the user name and password have been found by a spammer and they are now sending bulk mail through the mail server as you. Please go to the following article and follow the steps there before attempting to clear your domain from a black list: ADVAIA Password Policies
If you wish for ADVAIA to provide this service for you at our Technical Support billable rate, please submit a Support Ticket and include the bounce back message in its entirety. Only Support Tickets will be accepted for this service.